Traditionally a season of joy and celebration, the fast pace and idealistic expectations of “the most wonderful time of the year” can sometimes render the holidays a source of stress and anxiety. For those struggling with disordered eating and negative body image, these challenges may be amplified by the season’s abundance of festive feasts and social gatherings.
Using journaling prompts and quotes, the #CelebrateYourLight garland explores the holidays as a season of hope, and a time to recognize, nourish, and share the inextinguishable innate light that resides within everybody.
- Download your garland stars by clicking on the images above.
- Print each star template onto cardstock or good quality paper.
- Use the journaling prompt to add text to your stars.
- Optional: Add colors and decoration – get creative!
- Follow the dashed lines to cut out your stars.
- Attach your completed stars to a length of ribbon to create your own holiday garland.
- Share a photo of your completed stars to social media, using hashtag #CelebrateYourLight.
- Check back throughout December to collect all ten stars!